Administration & Finance Committee
Thursday, April 20, 2017
VTA Conference Room B-106
3331 North First Street
San Jose, CA
CALL TO ORDER
1. ROLL CALL
2. PUBLIC PRESENTATIONS:
This portion of the agenda is reserved for persons desiring to address the Committee on any matter not on the agenda. Speakers are limited to 2 minutes. The law does not permit Committee action or extended discussion on any item not on the agenda except under special circumstances. If Committee action is requested, the matter can be placed on a subsequent agenda. All statements that require a response will be referred to staff for reply in writing.
3. ORDERS OF THE DAY
4. ACTION ITEM - Approve the Regular Meeting Minutes of March 16, 2017.
5. Action Item -Authorize the General Manager to execute a contract in an amount not to exceed $1,200,150 with Biggs Cardosa and Associates, Inc. (BCA) to perform final design and engineering services for the Montague Expressway Pedestrian Overcrossing project.
6. Action Item -Authorize the General Manager to execute a contract with CDM Smith for an amount not-to-exceed $1,600,000 for a task order contract for the preparation of the State Route 85 Transit Guideway Study.
7. Action Item -Authorize the General Manager to amend the contract with TransCore in an amount of $1,552,229 for the SR 237 Express Lanes Phase 2 Electronic Toll Systems (ETS) Integrator services and to use the new total contract amount of $7,452,556 to calculate the General Manager’s amendment authority under the Administrative Code Section 9.2(h). This amendment will cover the addition to the original scope of the development and implementation of a Violation Enforcement System (VES) and a fiber optic communications system to the Electronic Toll System for the SR 237 Express Lanes corridor.
8. Action Item -Authorize the General Manager to execute contract amendments with HMH Engineers to perform Project Approval/Environmental Documentation (PA/ED) services in an amount not to exceed a total of $1,825,000 for the I-280/Wolfe Road Interchange Project, and further authorize the General Manager to negotiate and execute the necessary agreements with State, local and regulatory agencies to complete PA/ED phase tasks.
9. Action Item -Adopt a resolution authorizing the General Manager or the Chief Operating Officer or the Director of Planning and Program Development or the General Counsel to file and execute grant applications and agreements with the State of California for California Transit Security Grant Program - California Transit Assistance Fund (CTSGP-CTAF) funds.
10. Information Item -Review the Quarterly Purchasing Report for January 1 through March 31, 2017.
11. Information Item -Receive the Monthly Investment Report for February 2017.
12. Information Item -Review the Legislative Update Matrix.
13. Action Item -Recommend that the VTA Board of Directors adopt the Final VTA Transit Service Plan.
14. Action Item -Authorize the General Manager to execute a contract with BKF in the amount up to $14,100,000 to perform final design services for the Capitol Expressway Light Rail Project.
15. Action Item -Authorize the General Manager to execute a master task order contract with TransCore to provide Electronic Toll System Integration services for the Silicon Valley Express Lanes (SVEL) Program on US 101and SR 85 for a five-year term with an option to extend the term to provide SI services throughout the duration of the SVEL Program, in an amount not to exceed $20 million.
16. INFORMATION ITEM -Receive the Report on the Low/No Electric Bus Procurement.
17. Items of Concern and Referral to Administration.
18. Review Committee Work Plan. (Srinath)
19. Committee Staff Report. (Srinath)
20. Chairperson's Report. (Hendricks)
21. Determine Consent Agenda for the May 4, 2017, Board of Directors Meeting.
In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, VTA will make reasonable arrangements to ensure meaningful access to its meetings for persons who have disabilities and for persons with limited English proficiency who need translation and interpretation services. Individuals requiring ADA accommodations should notify the Board Secretary’s Office at least 48-hours prior to the meeting. Individuals requiring language assistance should notify the Board Secretary’s Office at least 72-hours prior to the meeting. The Board Secretary may be contacted at ( (408) 321-5680 or * email@example.com or ( (408) 321-2330 (TTY only). VTA’s home page is www.vta.org or visit us on www.facebook.com/scvta. ( (408) 321-2300: 中文 / Español / 日本語 / 한국어 / tiếng Việt / Tagalog.
Disclosure of Campaign Contributions to Board Members (Government Code Section 84308) In accordance with Government Code Section 84308, no VTA Board Member shall accept, solicit, or direct a contribution of more than $250 from any party, or his or her agent, or from any participant, or his or her agent, while a proceeding involving a license, permit, or other entitlement for use is pending before the agency. Any Board Member who has received a contribution within the preceding 12 months in an amount of more than $250 from a party or from any agent or participant shall disclose that fact on the record of the proceeding and shall not make, participate in making, or in any way attempt to use his or her official position to influence the decision. A party to a proceeding before VTA shall disclose on the record of the proceeding any contribution in an amount of more than $250 made within the preceding 12 months by the party, or his or her agent, to any Board Member. No party, or his or her agent, shall make a contribution of more than $250 to any Board Member during the proceeding and for three months following the date a final decision is rendered by the agency in the proceeding. The foregoing statements are limited in their entirety by the provisions of Section 84308 and parties are urged to consult with their own legal counsel regarding the requirements of the law.
All reports for items on the open meeting agenda are available for review in the Board Secretary’s Office, 3331 North First Street, San Jose, California, (408) 321-5680, the Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday prior to the meeting. This information is available on VTA’s website at http://www.vta.org and also at the meeting.
NOTE: THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS MAY ACCEPT, REJECT OR MODIFY
ANY ACTION RECOMMENDED ON THIS AGENDA.